The ATS is an equal opportunity employer.
We are hiring for the following positions (click to expand):
Duration: Full Time
The marketing department works to conceive, shape, and integrate innovative and effective marketing and communication strategies to help support American Technion Society (ATS) fundraisers; to grow the ATS donor base in order to “feed the major donor pipeline;” to help retain donors; and to amplify the Technion’s brand in the US that will greatly enhance and support all of these initiatives. The department also works with internal and corporate communications to help ensure brand quality and consistency are met.
Playing an integral role in the organization, the Director of Marketing oversees budgeting, planning, and reporting; and manages a team of 3 full time staff, 1 part time staff, and multiple vendors. S/he serves as the point person for ATS staff requests and takes ownership of department’s workflow.
The director works with the CMO to create and execute marketing plans that meet the goals outlined in the strategic plan.
Primary Duties Include:
• Manage the day-to-day activities of a small marketing team
• Complete marketing team operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results
• Achieve financial objectives by overseeing annual budget and scheduling marketing-related expenditures for both national and hub offices
• Create marketing plans and strategy documents for all marketing activities (including stakeholder requests) to ensure business goal alignment
• Overall brand governance including oversight of all external and internal print and digital collateral
• Oversee and manage direct mail and digital direct response campaigns
• Create and execute lead generation activities and campaigns
• Work across departments to create and maintain messaging and event calendars
• Create content calendar that meets business objectives, including strategic use of print publications
• Work with stakeholders to leverage content opportunities
• Oversee all digital properties including the website, social media, multi-media production, image and video libraries
• Responsible for all event marketing and collateral, national and local
• Regularly assess staff, provide training and mentoring when applicable
• Regularly assess processes and strive to create efficiencies
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related experience
• 7-10 years experience
• Excellent project management skills with ability to prioritize
• Proven track record of increasing responsibility
• Experience managing and mentoring staff; and negotiating with and managing vendors
• Experience working in a University or large, complex non-profit with multiple stakeholders
• Budget allocation and management experience
• Demonstrated success in lead generation and/or direct marketing
• Knowledge of the digital landscape including best practices and basic understanding of website and email marketing
• Knowledge of design principles as they relate to marketing
• Excellent decision-making and leadership skills
• Experience building organizational systems that create efficiency
• Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and assist staff to get the job done
• Experience with direct mail a plus
• Experience working with regional and/or satellite offices a plus
To apply for this job, please submit resume and cover letter and click on this link: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/24957
We currently have two (2) openings for an Associate Director of Development based in New York. One position will include regular travel to Long Island, Fairfield and Westchester Counties and one position will focus on ATS donors and prospects in New Jersey.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Northeast, the New York Associate Director of Development will manage a qualified fundraising portfolio and will cultivate and solicit gifts in support of Technion priorities.
The Associate Director will also be responsible for soliciting annual support from assigned and newly qualified donors, will provide meaningful touch points for Technion philanthropic engagement, and will thoughtfully coordinate appropriate regional activities with fellow gift officers and ATS colleagues.
Primary Duties Include:
• Manage an assigned portfolio of prospects.
• Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle: Initiate contacts to qualify new, potential leadership and major gift donors; Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for new and existing donors; Solicit gifts in support of ATS/Technion priorities.
• Develop and maintain effective stewardship.
• Maintain and grow the Technion’s current donor base in New York and surrounding areas, with a primary focus on donors who have the demonstrated capacity for a gift of $100,000 or more.
• Regularly qualify new prospects to determine their affinity for the Technion’s mission and propensity to contribute to ATS at the major gift level.
• Successfully complete 10-15 in-person meetings with Technion donors/prospects each month.
• Work with ATS Board members when appropriate to identify new donors, implement fundraising strategies, and coordinate faculty and staff travel in New York and the surrounding area(s).
• Regularly attend local research and technology events to network with potential donors and partner organizations, and to represent the Technion’s presence in the New York market.
• Utilize the ATS database to maintain accurate records of all donor interactions, individuals’ programmatic interests, trends in giving, and type of support to solicit.
• Collaborate with ATS Program and Donor Relations teams, and strategize on potential areas of growth.
• Adhere to the highest ethical standards of conduct.
• Demonstrate a spirit of perseverance, optimism and a positive attitude.
• BA/BS required.
• At least three (3) years of fundraising experience in a higher education, research or advocacy organization, or academic medicine setting.
• Knowledge of New York’s philanthropic market, and demonstrated success cultivating and personally soliciting charitable gifts.
• Ability to understand and effectively communicate the Technion’s unique role in Israel and within the Israeli Technology Industry with clarity and a demonstrated passion for the organization’s mission.
• Excellent decision-making skills and demonstrated ability to independently implement fundraising strategies.
• Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication and negotiating skills.
• Intellectual curiosity, courage, and comfort discussing current events and technology.
To apply for this job, please submit resume and cover letter and click on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ats&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US