The ATS is an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently hiring for the following position (click to expand):
The Advancement Associate demonstrates an understanding of the principles of financial operational and analysis reporting. S/he is part of the Advancement team that ensures philanthropic gifts are accepted, recorded, receipted and reported in a timely and accurate manner. The Advancement Associate maintains a standard of accuracy and efficiency with a significant level of confidentiality due to the sensitive donor/constituent client information relative to gift processing. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Advancement Associate has duties that include but are not limited to:
• Processes batches to record gifts into Raiser’s Edge software as advised.
• Accurately calculates and applies any Quid Pro Quo or other amount that may reduce the tax deductibility of a gift.
• Ensures workflow meets monthly close deadlines and other financial deadlines, checking work to ensure recordings are accurate and timely.
• Creates a manual batch to process gifts for approvals for manual gift transactions.
• Records expectancies, revocable and irrevocable trusts, and other planned giving instruments.
• Supports special events planning to ensure accuracy in recording event gift income, inventory of auction items, and cash reconciliation.
• Ensures all In Memory Of and In Honor Gifts are recorded accurately with timely acknowledgment.
• Records and reviews major gift entries as well as reviews and interpret gift agreements to ensure accurate processing.
• Acknowledges and responds to all matching gift inquires.
• Researches possible matching gift opportunities
Compliant Receipts – IRS and other regulatory agencies
• Ensures accuracy in receipts is compliant with governing laws and regulations.
• Handles special receipt requests when needed.
• Assists the Finance Office with yearly audits.
• Handles all broker to Finance Office stock transfers.
• Creates new biographical entities for individuals and organizations needed.
• Researches and maintains all levels of financial and biographical information for individuals, corporations, and foundations.
• Maintains flexibility in regards to enhancements to current processes/policies and implements new modifications.
• Searches for lost alumni.
• Creates segmented, dynamic mail lists.
• Processes NCOA updates.
• Generate Raiser’s Edge reports
• Assist with other technical tasks
• Three to five years related experience in a non-profit gift administration, or similar organization.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT.
• Experience with recording a variety of philanthropic gifts.
• Strong skills with Microsoft especially Word, Excel and Outlook required
• Must be energetic, self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong interpersonal and writing skills and ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of standards related to gift administration such as CASE Standards, FASB Accounting rules, and IRS guidelines.
To apply for this job, please submit resume and cover letter and click on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ats&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US