Assistant Director of Planned Giving Marketing
The American Technion Society (ATS) is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Planned Giving Marketing to join their growing organization. This position is a remote based position.
The American Technion Society
The American Technion Society (ATS) supports visionary education and world-changing impact through the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology. Based in New York City, they represent thousands of US donors, alumni and stakeholders who invest in the Technion’s growth and innovation to advance critical research and technologies that serve the State of Israel and the global good. ATS employs a staff of 60 + that work from New York and in regional offices across the United States.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Planned Giving, the Assistant Director of Planned Giving Marketing is a key member of the Planned Giving team. This donor centric division of ATS works with other planned giving staff on national planned giving activity. The incumbent’s primary goal will be to increase both planned giving donors and activity relating to planned giving. Candidate will work closely with planned giving staff, marketing, donor relations, stewardship, programs, as well as with lay leaders.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create and implement a planned giving marketing plan.
- Design and execute a stewardship plan for the planned giving department.
- Build out the legacy society (the Genesis Circle) with the goal of increasing membership annually.
- Manage the relationships with the external planned giving vendors, including but not limited to budget, design, and contents.
Marketing and Communications: 60%
- Redesign the planned giving materials that includes proposals, bequest letters, planned gift acknowledgement letters, legacy invitations, attorney letters and letters of inquiry.
- Develop planned giving seminars for different audiences.
- Write ongoing internal marketing pieces for direct mail, email, and for local chapter mailings.
- Track effectiveness of planned giving marketing and communication channels.
- Build and brand the legacy society, including but not limited to, developing a new brand, creating invitation packets, requesting proper documentation, developing acknowledgement letters, maintaining an updated membership list, creating ongoing methods to steward these donors with birthday cards, personal notes and Technion information.
- Oversee acknowledgements of all planned gifts and bequests.
- Develop and execute annual stewardship events for legacy society members with the goal of maximizing attendance and providing outstanding programming.
- Draft promotional materials to encourage attendance to stewardship events.
Board Engagement: 10%
- Support the Executive Director on work directly related to engagement of the Board’s Planned Giving Committee.
- Coordinate the activities of the Planned Giving Ambassador Program with the fundraisers and local ambassadors to secure legacy gifts. Collaborate with other fundraisers to expand the ambassador program.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in writing persuasive marketing materials.
- Experience with writing, drafting and editing donor letters, proposals, direct mail, and email marketing that have resulted in increased donations or revenue.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing tasks to meet time sensitive needs of internal stakeholders.
- A strategic and critical thinker with a strong work ethic and high level of integrity and ethics.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite.
*Successful candidates are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, absent medical or religious accommodations
Salary range: $85,000 to $100,000
Have we described a role that you have been seeking, along with a set of skills you possess? If so, we’d like to hear from you immediately. Please submit your resume and cover letter below.